Monday, June 04, 2007

The end of an era

This week is the last week of Olivia's preschool. For the past two years she's gone to the most wonderful preschool I could imagine and I think I'm going to miss it more than her. Today I received her progress report for the end of the year. Here is the note her teacher attached to it.

What a wonderful student is Olivia! She has been a pleasure to have in class this year! Olivia is eager to learn, a caring and sensitive friend to all, helpful in everything and an incredibly happy child! She has grown in confidence and become more self-assured each day. Olivia is quiet and careful in her work, sensitive and kind in her relationships and always obedient and eager to please. I love how her sense of humor has developed this year and I think she is really going to enjoy school! I will miss Olivia! God bless her in all she does!


If I can barely hold back the tears reading that, what am I going to be like on her first day of kindergarten?

(Although I have to wonder what happens to her on the way home from school that makes her moody, insensitive, and sassy! Ok, she's still a great kid at home, but why does she sound so REALLY great at school?)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwww, that made me tear up a little too. What a sweet note from her teacher.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Geekette said…

    That is a very sweet note from her teacher, you should be really proud.

    My guess is that she is really tired after school.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home