Thursday, August 10, 2006

Noah, by Olivia

This is Olivia's portrait of Noah. She drew the picture and when I asked who it was, she said it was Noah. I think it is the first person she's drawn with a torso. Usually when she draws people the legs and arms emerge directly from the head. (Ok, Noah's arms still emerge from the head, but isn't the torso still impressive?) I'm not exactly sure what it means that it was Noah that motivated her to attempt torsos.

I like to write little notes and dates on her pictures for future reference, but she wanted to write on this one all by herself. I was telling her the letters in Noah's name and she told me that she didn't need me to tell her, she remembered all by herself. I suggested the word "by" so we'd remember that she drew the picture and it was of Noah, but all I told her were the letters "b" and "y" and she remembered how to write them. And, of course, she's been a pro at her own name for awhile now. My big girl!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that is impressive. I love his big hands. :) What a smart girl.

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger allison said…

    Awww :) And I think it makes more sense for arms to come out of your head.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger 4texans said…

    It's so cute the way she drew the circles over the i's in her name...cute pic!

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger nowwhatelmo said…

    That is so cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home