Thursday, June 07, 2007

New Kindergarten News

When originally deciding on Olivia's school I had planned on her going half day, I thought she'd be able to handle the transition better that way. Turns out the district received enough funding to go to full days, but with an option of half day if you want. Sounds perfect, I can have her go either, only half day if that is better for her, or full day if she can handle it and I get some extra hours more than I had counted on.

The only downside was that I was planning on having to take her at 10:30am with the half day schedule, now I have to take her at 8:30am no matter what with the new schedule. This really should not be a problem since it's only a few miles away, but when you figure in getting ready and breakfast and planning enough time to not be late, we will be getting up considerably earlier than we are used to. But it probably will be good for us.

So my little baby girl could be in school for 30 hours a week next year. Quite the change than the 9 hours she is used to now. But she'll be nearly 6 years old and I think she'll be able to handle it, in fact, I think she will love it. I think Noah will miss her a lot though! Especially since I doubt he'll be napping much when she is in school like he does this year. And I've still yet to figure out what I'm going to do with him while I'm in her classroom once a week. It's kinda hard to plan when her school is never sure exactly what is the schedule!

I found all this out at the orientation last night, I just love this school. They talked about things to do over the summer to get them reading to learn to read and write next year and it was things like play with clay and do the monkey bars to strengthen their forearms. Very laid back! If only they were more laid back on when they start in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home