Friday, May 12, 2006

Huge dissappointment

Today was supposed to be the big Mother's Day Brunch at Olivia's preschool. They've been practicing a new song and everything. Travis was going to watch Noah so I could go and enjoy time with Olivia. It was from 10-12:30, so I'm sure they had a lot of fun things planned to fill that time.

Well, Olivia is right now in her pjs curled up under a blanket watching Sesame Street instead of at the Mother's Day Brunch because she is sick. She was in tears this morning when I told we weren't going to be able to go. And I've been too. Poor girl. I hate seeing her disappointed. She said, "But I HAVE to go. It's SPECIAL!" I tried to think of any way we could go, but her temperature is over 100 and it just wouldn't be right to get someone else sick.

So I'm thinking I'll try to take her to something fun this weekend. A local high school is having a presentation of Seussical, The Musical and maybe I'll take her to dinner and then the show tomorrow night just us girls if she feels better. It won't be the same, but hopefully it will be fun.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Oh the poor girl. Sometimes those moments are more upsetting for the mommy I think. It's so hard seeing your little one so upset.
    Not quite as important as Mother's Day but Lindsey had"slipper day" at preschool. Everyone got to wear their favorite slippers to school but she was sick and boy was she upset about it. I think I cried too.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Jeanne said…

    Poor thing. That just breaks my heart!

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger 4texans said…

    Awww, poor Olivia. I hope she feels better this weekend so you can do something 'special' with her.

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    Thanks guys. I was on the edge of tears all day thinking about it. Especially since she seemed much better later in the day, I was wondering if we could have gone. I wanted to go so bad and spend that special time with her!

    But last night and this morning she was sick again, so it's definately something real. She's napping right now actually. I guess I should take her to the doctor.

    I asked her if she wanted to go see Suessical with me, and she said, "No thanks!" Arg! The only thing I could get her to agree to was a picnic at the beach. But we'll have to another day because I don't want to take her that far from home when she is sick.

    4-year-olds are frustrating. Someone told my dh that the 4s are much like the 13s. At least I'm getting practice, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home