Friday, August 25, 2006

Do you have the time?

I was going through my jewelry today and found some old beaded necklaces so Olivia and I were trying them on her. Of course Noah wanted something too, so daddy gave him an old, plastic, digital watch. Olivia immediately wanted the watch and convinced Noah to trade with her. (She's getting to be a pro at manipulation, but that's another post.)

Ever since she's been obsessed with what time it is, and even more so, telling us the time. Here is a sample conversation we had tonight.

Olivia: Do you know what time it is?

Me: No, what time is it?

Olivia: Eight-two-one.

Me: That's eight-twenty-one.

Olivia: Do you know what time it is now?

Me: I'm guessing it's eight-twenty-one, or possibley eight-twenty-two.

At this point Olivia gets distracted by another toy extremely briefly.

Olivia: Do you know what time it is?

Me: No, what time is it?

Olivia: It's eight-two-three.

Me: Do you know how to say that?

Olivia: (Getting sad.) No...

Me: Well, when you said it was eight-two-one, that meant it was eight-twenty-one, so now it's eight-two-three, so what would that be?

Olivia: (Getting irritated) I don't know!

Me: (Giving up) It's eight-twenty-three.

Olivia: Ask me what time it is in a little bit, ok?

This continued until I finally said good-night for the very last time at one-zero-four-two, I mean ten-fourty-two.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    LOL. That's pretty cute, but I bet it got frustrating for both of you!

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's so cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home