Monday, July 02, 2007

The Great Outdoors

Some going ons around our yard that I can look at when I'm on vacation and homesick. Also, I'm sure it will all be dead by the time we get back with the lack of rain in California in the summer and lack of any kind of automatic irrigation on our property.

Our watermelon plant has flowers!



The strawberry plants is sending out runners and filling in. Here are a few we picked the other day; small, but yummy.



The tomato plants are getting there. I love the big tomatos, but they are all still green. Promising though. My friend's plants in Bakersfield look SO much better. Hm.



We got one small one turning red though, there is hope!



I propagated our rose bush! I cut halfway through a low-laying branch, buried it, and stuck the remainder of the branch up to grow from the ground as a new bush, and now it has a rose on it. Yes, I'm the cheapest person on earth.



Last, and most definately least, is our striped lawn. Let me just say I need help using the spreader. Do you think that it's growing well where I used more fertilizer or I used too much on where it's not growing well? Check out my shadow taking the picture.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger 4texans said…

    Thanks for referencing my tomato plants, now I'm famous...lol! Your yard looks fantastic! You and Travis did a great job. My Big Beef tomato plant is doing awesome, I can't believe how many tomatoes it's giving me, I'm trying to give them away, too. Next year I might try cherry tomatoes, too. Do you check for the hookworms, yuck?! I've found several and smashed them. I didn't know I was going to have to deal with bugs.

    My herb garden is doing well, too. I really need to update my blog! Anyway, your yard looks great!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Highlandgal said…

    It all looks great! I hope some of it survives your absence, it would be a shame to lose it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home