Tuesday, April 25, 2006

So it begins

When Olivia was still in diapers and it was time to change her, she'd always resist. So, I'd tell her she could play by herself until she's ready for me to change her diaper. She played independently so rarely that this actually got me a few minutes to myself. However, it probably did not help the potty training, we didn't even start until she was past 3 and needless to say, it was slow going.

Now Noah squirms from my arms and runs from me when I tell him that we have to change his diaper, and guess what? I let him. I'm one that doesn't learn well from history, and I almost always sacrifice the long term for the short term.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger 4texans said…

    Claire has started to resist a little and sometimes when I head to the diapers, she says potty and she cries because she wants to sit on the potty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home