Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I love craigslist

I've been going crazy hunting down bargins lately. I don't know what it is, but for some reason the smell of great deals on used goods are in the air. Just in the last few weeks I've gotten clothing, shoes, kitchen devices, and home decor. Bragging about all of them would bore everyone to death, so I'll just choose one.

Tonight I got two framed Ansel Adams prints for a total of $20. Here is one of them for sale new on the internet for $33 just for the print, framed it cost $110. Technically I saved over $200 tonight.

When I first saw these, I could not believe the guy was selling them so cheap, they are in perfect condition, with nice heavy glass and a simple black frame. The best part is that we already had one Ansel Adam print (I had gotten from Goodwill for less than $10) the exact same size, so now we have three, each 24"x36" hanging on our wall in our main room. I think it distracts from our old, run-down, I mean well-loved, house.

It brings back nice memories too, because several years ago we took an RV trip to Yosemite when Olivia was just 1-year-old with Travis, his mom, his dad, and his sister. I don't think there are many places on earth that are more inpressive.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great deal!!! You and Shawnie find the best stuff.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Geekette said…

    Very cool!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home