Friday, September 08, 2006

On the Road Again

Today was Olivia's first day of school, and I thought I'd use a seperate entry to reflect on the drive. Olivia is in pre-school 9 hours a week, and it causes Noah and I to be on the road 4.5 hours a week.

Needless to say, a lot of thought went into the decision to place her in a school another year that would require so much car time for Noah and I, but after today, I feel confident it was the right decision. I won't go into all the reasons behind it, but I will tell you about our day.

We left the house around 9:40am to make it to a playgroup at church that I host. After being there a few hours we headed right to Olivia's school which starts at 12:30. They began the day at the playground, so Noah and I stuck around to play for a half an hour. Then Noah and I hopped in the car towards home where he fell asleep. While he slept in the car I did laundry, dishes, and watered the lawn. He woke up a whopping half an hour before we had to leave again which we spent snuggling and nursing in bed. Then off at 3pm to get sissy from school which ends at 3:30pm. We hung around and played in the playground for over an hour afterwards! I think we all missed being there all summer.

We didn't arrive home until after 5pm! Keep in mind Olivia left the house in the morning before 10am. That is a long day for a little girl. But, I decided that I really like these post-baby pre-school years, where I spend a lot of time with the kids, but we are busy running around. It's fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home