Saturday, December 15, 2007

Gingerbread house tradition

My friend has a tradition of having a bunch of us over every year so the kids can decorate gingerbread houses. It was wonderful, we had hot apple cider and I brought my favoriate soup and cornbread. The house smelled so good, and I think every surface under 4 feet got sticky. Everyone had a blast.

Unfortunately the houses didn't even last until daddy got home to see them. They started to fall apart in the car on the way home, and even with my repeated attempts to reassemble them, the kids sweet tooth got the best of them and the houses just aren't built for the nibbling factor.

I'm so glad my friend has the patience to host this every year. She even made the kids each an apron and we got to keep them when we got home. Wow! All I can say it is WAY more than I would attempt to do!





1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home