Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Olivia's hippy school

My friends laugh when I call her school this, but it is. The school doesn't give grades, at all, through 5th grade. Instead at the end of the first trimester Olivia got a "written narrative," I was encouraged to share with her. Sounds like she is doing pretty well. Here is what her teacher said,

Olivia- You are becoming a Room # super star! You know what to do in our classroom and you do it! You are friendly, respectful and polite! You listen to others and you share your ideas. You play nicely with your friends, take turns and share! Way to go! You go to each activity and try your best! You know letters, numbers, and shapes. Yeah! We'll begin writing stories soon. I'm looking forward to your stories because you are creative and artistic! Is there something you'd like to learn about? Let me know! Keep up the good work! :)


I think Olivia is in good hands with someone who likes exclamation marks and smiley faces as much as me.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Krista said…

    oh i love report cards like that :) my mom used to do anecdotal reports for her junior K class... she sometimes would make up fake ones for the frustrating kids and then toss them and write the real ones. i think it's so great for kids to hear that kind of affirmation when they're Olivia's age!

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Highlandgal said…

    Ha ha ha!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home