Thursday, July 10, 2008

Influences from Vincent

I've been enjoying putting together boquets from my garden this year. Here are two little boquets I made for Olivia and Noah to give to their sunday school teachers. I just thought they were very simple and lovely. Purple fountain grass, cosmos, and who can resist a sunflower?



When I went back to look at the pictures I noticed that in the background is a print hanging on our wall of a Vincent Van Gogh painting, Cafe Terrance at Night. The reason this struck me is that the sunflower in the boquet came from a pack of seeds called Van Gogh mix, inspired by his sunflower paintings, I'm sure.

Funny, it's not like Van Gogh crosses my mind often, or ever. But today I remembered his beautiful work.

My sunflowers...



And Vincent's...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home