Friday, March 17, 2006

So, what is compact?

Today I went shopping at Smart & Final and had Noah with me so I was looking for the closest spot I could find. The closest spot was in the Compact spaces and was quite tight, but I didn't want to have to carry him far. I remember noticing and having an inner chuckle that I was parking between a pick-up truck and a mini-van. I would think that I was probably the only one of the 3 that actually qualified for the Compact spot in my Camry, wouldn't you?

Upon my return to my car I found this note on my windshield...



In case you can't read it, it says, "Thanks ALOT Try Not to Block some one else from getting into Their Car." Not only a mix of upper and lower case, but block lettering and cursive too.

Ok, I was over the line a bit, but would you have the audacity to park an over-sized car in a Compact spot and then leave a mean note to someone parking next to you in an actual compact car? Geez.

I had a good shopping experience anyway. I used a $5 off coupon for a purchase more than $25 at Smart & Final. They had our favorite salsa for Buy One Get One Free, so I stocked up on that, a huge tub of Breyer's Ice Cream, strawberries, buttermilk, butter, and it came to just over $25. Cha-ching.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh that would've ruined my day too. I have a tendency to stew over crap like that.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger allison said…

    People are jerks. Period.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home