Monday, May 15, 2006

Hydrangeas

We have 2 hydrangeas (sp?) plants in our yard. I didn't know last year that they went dormant for the winter, so when they started dying first I started watering them like crazy, then I pruned them to death. They are very odd looking now, but they are finally starting to bloom again. This year hopefully I'll do a better job with them.

One has pink flowers and one has purple flowers. Which is odd because I thought that the acidity of the soil affected the flower color, but they are right next to each other and you'd think it would be the same soil. Oh well, I don't mind, they are pretty to me!



2 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE hydrangeas! Yours look gorgeous and healthy.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Those are beautiful. We have some in our yard but they won't bloom until mid summer. Make sure not to prune them this year it affects the amount of blooms you get next year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home