Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Noah's First Day of School!

This week Olivia's preschool had some extra fun days you could pay per day. It actually wasn't affliated with her school, I think her teacher was just trying to make some extra dough since she's getting married this summer. The best thing is that she took siblings for half the price. So, for $60 this morning they both went to school for 3 hours. Kinda expensive, but they made a puppet and got a snack too.

Noah did great! Much better than anywhere I've ever left him, actually. I think he loved it since he's so used to me dropping off Olivia and having to drag him away from all the fun toys and playground. I bet he was tickled pink he got to stay and play with Olivia for once!

The teacher did have to call me on my cell phone once just to let me know that Noah fell and bumped him head. She was probably surprised that I didn't react much at all, it's pretty common for him. I did ask if he was still upset by it, I would have gone and gotten him early, but she said that he didn't get upset at all, even when he bumped it. The only thing that upset him was when they tried to put ice on it. Yep, that sounds just like him. :-)

You might be wondering what I did with my 3 hours of free time. Travis and I went on a date! Probably the first time we've been alone without the kids in nearly 2 years. We went hiking for 1.5 hours, saw some deer and wild turkies, then ate a leisurely lunch at a bagel/sandwich shop, then even treated ourselves to Starbucks and flipped through a real estate booklet. It was wonderful.

Her teacher is doing this for 3 more days. I'm so tempted, but it was such a splurge to do it once.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Sounds like a wonderful day. Seriously though, 2 years? I'm totally shocked. You have to be lying!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    Nope, 2 years. We did once hire a babysitter for Olivia when Noah was a baby and I took him to see one of Travis' gigs and we went out to eat afterwards, and that was nice, but I did have a baby in tow.

    We usually get some alone/date time when relatives are in town or we are in Atlanta, but I think the last few visits someone has been sick and it hasn't happened.

    The last time I can remember going somewhere alone with Travis is when I was a few days away from my due date pregnant with Noah and my mom was in town watching Olivia, we went to eat spicy Indian food to try to get things moving!

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Sraikh said…

    Sounds like a wonderful day. $60 is kind of expensive though for one day! But then look at the time you got to spend with Travis, is it worth $60...

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    sounds like a nice day but geesh girl you and DH need to be nicer to yourselves. You deserve date time on a regular basis.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    Man, you guys are worse about nagging me to date than my dh! lol

    My dh reminded me that when we were in Atlanta over the last holidays we went shopping and to eat at Johnny Rockets sans kids. But that was all he could think of since Noah has been born too.

    Ok, once Noah is weened, we'll be doing more dates, I'm sure. That might be sometime this lifetime, right?

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you! I'm totally shocked it's been that long since you dated your DH. $60 is so worth it! Do it again. :)

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger DJ said…

    Please please please tell me that you are not going to wait another 2 years before indulging in some date time. And that's great that Noah did so well today!

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    I agree with DJ. Please don't wait another two years to treat yourself and DH to some alone time! Sounds like Noah did wonderful!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home