Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Say good-bye to the old

We finally have a new garage door. Yeah! Have I mentioned that all you have to do is press a button and it opens all by itself? It's an amazing technological achievement, I tell ya.

I didn't manage to get before and after pictures, but I did get a during one. Travis was pretty surprised that our huge, old, heavy one fit on a pick-up truck. I know from personal experience the heft it took to move that thing.



Of course they needed to add a board to the trim to make the new door fit, and it's unfinished. Not that the existing trim didn't need to be refinished anyway. It's just a bit of a bummer that it still needs a little more work to make our new door look completely finished; but believe me, it's a HUGE improvement to the quality of my life!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Highlandgal said…

    Rule #1. Do not back out of your garage with the door closed.

    I know it sounds obvious...but not so much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home