Monday, October 16, 2006

Too ambitious?

I decided for Olivia's birthday party I would make scarves for each girl to take home as a favor. (It will be an all-girl party with a "clown" theme. Olivia made it quite clear that it would NOT be a circus theme, only a clown one.) I've made 3 so far and bought enough yarn to make 15. Not that I hope 15 girls will be there, but just to be prepared. Here is a picture of Olivia modeling one.



Do you think that is taking on too much? The party is in less than 5 weeks, and I haven't done anything else, including invitations. We decided it would be a drop-off party in the afternoon, so I don't have to feed them a meal or accomodate parents or siblings. The only food will maybe be some munchies like goldfish and fruit, and then cupcakes. I thought they could decorate their own to even make it easier and be a fun thing.

I've planned a few activities like face painting, I thought cute stuff like a clown, maybe hearts around the eyes or on cheecks, stuff like that. (I'm going to ask a certain aunt of Olivia's to do that part, so be prepared, you know who you are, ha!) And the only other thing is a craft. I found these awesome foam crowns 2 for $1 at Target. I bought glitter glue and pom poms for them to decorate them.



Does that all sound good? This will be the first party that we throw that is not for the whole family!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounds like great fun! Those scarves are adorable. How do you make them? Knitting? You are so talented J.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Sraikh said…

    I think you are insane for thinking to knit 15 scarves!
    Your party sounds awesome. the crown, the cupcakes decorating,..is it an all girls party?

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger diosaperdida said…

    That's a great idea!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home