Sunday, October 08, 2006

How to scare a mom

Tap her on the shoulder during church and tell her she's need in the Pre-K room. Olivia is in the Pre-K sunday school room and is about the most content kid there. I'm NEVER needed for her, for years. When I got that tap on my shoulder today I was having visions of ambulances and in those few minutes it took me to bolt to the Pre-K room I was just praying that she was ok.

She was ok, just with a very bloody and swollen nose due to a slip on the playground. She needed a long time being hugged without trying to talk and definately NO ICE on her nose, and she was ok to make it to the car. More loving on at home, and she made it through the day. Lots of computer games at noggin.com and going out to ice cream after dinner, and I think she's nearly back to normal.

Whew, being a mommy sure is an emotional rollercoaster. I barely had enough energy to worry about how Noah did in the nursery with his seperation anxiety.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Poor Olivia! I'm glad she's okay. I have the hardest time holding my tears back sometimes when my kids are sad.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor thing! I'm glad she's ok.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Oh, poor girl! I'm glad that she's ok! Nothing like Mom to make everything better!;)

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Geekette said…

    oh no :( im glad she's okay

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger allison said…

    How scary! Here you get a number, and if your kid needs you, your number flashes up on the screen in front... no one knows your number, though it's pretty obvious who pops up and leaves at that moment...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home