Thursday, February 08, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

In honor of my birthday I am indulging in a post that probably only I care anything about. (And since photobucket is down, I needed a place to host the picture.)

Here is a picture of the swatch I FINALLY decided on for the scarf I am making out of the angora sweater I unraveled. After a bazillion test swatches of different partterns feeling like I was knitting with dental floss, I decided to use two strands together and use this pattern from knitty called elbac.

The thing I like about it is that, since it's done entirely in 1x1 ribbing, it's reversable and looks identical on both sides. The only thing I changed about it was making the center cable 12 stitches wide instead of 8. Switching from knit to purl stitches so much will probably make it take forever, but the angora feels so heavenly, that's perfectly ok with me.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger allison said…

    It looks gorgeous! And you have spam above me ^^^

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger YarnThrower said…

    Your scarf is going to be gorgeous! I like it with the larger center cable, and your yarn looks wonderful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home