Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Olivia is going to be a Who

Who is Olivia going to be? A who. Who's on first? Sorry. I mean, Olivia is going to be a Who Child. Like in Dr. Suess literature.

Olivia's school is putting on Suessical the Musical this year as their big spring production. There are auditions for the big parts, but everyone gets to be in it even if they don't want to audition. The kindergarteners and first graders have their own scene right before the play begins so they get to partipate without being delegated to background props throughout the play. They will be singing and dancing in a little scene about using your imagination that sets up the premise of the play.

I went to the meeting, got the info, and am going to sign Olivia up. I am excited as I think she will really enjoy the experience. She seems midly interested, but I'm hoping as the rehersals begin she'll get more into it.

Like everything else, of course the biggest commitment seems to be for the parents. There is a fee (not bad for what she's getting out of it) and of course staying with her after school on rehersal days (which is hardest on Noah as it's always around nap time) and also I'm responsible for her make-up and costume.

The Who Children are asked to wear yellow and white with maye some red or orange accents of big, bold prints. This is just begging to be an excuse for a trip to the thrift store. It doesn't take much for me. And look what I found for a total of $1.50. Orange leggings with a yellow and white striped skirt. If it fits, it can't be more perfect. Considering Olivia is a little pip squeak, I think it will fit. And if it's too big I can take it in or pin it.

I'm so ahead of the game. I thought I might even knit her something bright yellow for the top like a simple wrap sweater or a hat or headband. I really hope she enjoys this because she is going to be the cutest little Who Child around.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Krista said…

    well that is the most exciting thing i've read all day! seriously, if Seussical had been around when i was a kid i would have died to be in it! i hope Olivia has a ball!

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hope she has fun doing it. That sounds like the cutest costume.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Geekette said…

    I bet she's going to have tons of fun, and what a great find!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home