Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Halloween 2009



This year Olivia wanted to be an American Indian, and had a homemade look picked out from a book she has. I was excited to actually make a costume and use some creativity this year versus just picking up the hotest Disney character from the store. She got asked if she was Pocahontas all day anyway. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. The braids are made using black tights, what a clever idea, huh? I got it done in the nick of time the night before I was induced.

Daddy made Noah's costume the night before Halloween in about an hour as he continued to insist on being "a bag." And he still got tons more comments than Olivia's costume I slaved over. Oh well. The story behind Noah's costume comes from the Veggie Tale movie Minnesota Cuke: The Search for Noah's Umbrella. Larry the Cucumber is wearing a bag over his head and say, "I'm doomed to a life of shame," which cracks up Olivia and Noah to no end. If this doesn't make any sense to you, don't worry, my kids are weird! But I like them that way.

Overall a fun, sucessful, and relatively inexpensive Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home