Monday, March 20, 2006

A real tear-jerker


Who would have thought I would have had to investigate something associated with Sesame Street before letting Olivia watch it? I wish I would have because Olivia cried through the entire movie. I'm glad it was from the library and not something we bought.

I tried to turn it off when the villain stole Elmo's blanket and cruelly taunted him, but Olivia would have nothing of it. I thought maybe she would feel better after the happy ending, so I left it on. But before he got it back, he was kidnapped by Vanessa William's minions which upset her even further.

When it was almost over she finally opened her mouth to say through her tears, "no one wants to be friends with mean people." So I guess she learned some kind of valuable lesson, but I think the method was a bit too harsh.

I've learned my lesson, you gotta be careful about EVERYTHING you expose your kids to!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    It's so true. Lindsey is the same way. She gets really upset while watching seemingly harmless videos.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ut oh, we have this one. Maybe I should get rid of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home