Sunday, March 26, 2006

Why my blog, and I, have been so neglected



For the past 5 days Grandma L has been staying with us for a visit from Georgia. For the past 5 days Olivia has been attached to her and the phrase, "Grandma, play with me," has been uttered thousands of times.

Of course, I am not complaining. We got the car serviced, which meant I took Travis to work in the morning and picked him up in the evening, visited a pre-school for Olivia for next year, got grocery shopping done, and I brought a meal to my friend who just had a baby. And that was all on friday.

That is why I haven't had as much to blog about recently, I feel like I haven't seen Olivia in 5 days! I'm all but forgotten in her 4-year-old world. Apparently, in that world grandmas are better than rock stars. I ran into her once in the hallway waiting outside the bathroom while Grandma L was taking a shower and she said to me, "I wonder how long it will take grandma." As soon as she heard the water turn off she started knocking on the door.

Once Olivia stubbed her toe and I held out my arms to comfort her. She took one look at me and ran right to grandma for comfort.

Tonight she was in tears at the though of grandma leaving tomorrow. She said through the tears, "will we have time to play tomorrow before grandma gets on the airplane?"

What is so special about grandma play? I don't know, but at least I'm still number one in my little mama's boy's eyes for a few more years. Until Noah realizes how cool it is when grandpa starts visiting, I guess.

I'm predicting this week is going to be a long one as Olivia adjusts to not having a permanent playmate. I'm going to try to entertain her as much as I can and neglect chores. Fortunately, the other grandma is coming to visit in less than a week!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Boy can I relate to this. No one exists for Riley when her Mimi is around. At least you got to have some one-on-one time with Noah!

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger allison said…

    Awww, poor Olivia :( I'm sure she'll be back to the endless question-asking of Mommy in no time ;)

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Your mother looks so young and beautiful! Did you get a picture with all three of you girls?

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    Andrea, you will be my mother-in-law's new favorite person! lol I guess I forgot the paternal part of grandmas!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    OH, I know how that goes! Just don't forget that you are the one who is always there! And even though grandma time is fun, I'm sure Olivia will appreciate how involved her mom was with her!

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    after I wrote that I wondered if it wasn't hubby's mother. They look alike. Good genes. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home