Thursday, May 25, 2006

Beach Day

For the first day in a long time, we had nothing to do. Usually with Olivia's preschool monday, wednesday, and friday, playgroup tuesday, and bible study thursday, life is just the right amount of busy. But bible study is over for the summer. So, I decided to brave the beach with two kids.

Overall, I'm glad we went, even though it was an hour trip there and another hour back. That's about a quarter tank of gas. But the drive was beautiful. I love northern CA. We went to Half Moon Bay, where Travis and I were married on the beach, so I'm a little sentimental about it. We were there a little bit longer than we spent in the car, so I consider it a success.

Noah was scared of everything when we got there. I forget how much windier and chillier it is at the beach than back in the Valley. But he warmed up a bit to the whole place and loved watching the birds, he even got brave enough to chase them a bit. But I still spent most of the time carrying him on my hip. Nothing out of the ordinary. :->

Olivia loved it as always, until she decided she hated it for no apparent reason and wanted to go home. Nothing surprising here either. :->

Here are a few pictures. They don't do justice to the kids or the scenery!



3 Comments:

  • At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're so lucky to have a beach nearby. I only get to go to the beach about once a year (if that) as our closest beach is about 7 1/2 hrs away. :( I LOVE the beach.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger nowwhatelmo said…

    Beautiful. I envy you also having the beach so close.

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger 4texans said…

    Aw what a nice day, beautiful pics!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home