Thursday, May 25, 2006

Big Trouble at Half Moon Bay

Today at the beach we found this spot where there was a small body of water a bit inland from the ocean that Olivia really enjoyed playing in. She called it "the river." It was only a few inches deep. Noah even had fun until he did a face plant into it. Ooops.

Anyway, I thought it was a good photo spot too.


Until Olivia decided to start climbing. Noah was eager to go too, "come on, mom!"


I thought my crazy climbing kids was worth documenting.


But they didn't tire of it any time soon, more climbing...


Noah turned back to check what mom's reaction was, "do you see how far up Olivia is, mom? Can I go too?"


Woah, look at that move from Olivia!


Ok, she needed to stop and take a rest after that!


Now she's really gone. If you click on the picture you can barely see her head in the red circle.


At this point I figured it would be wise to stop taking pictures, put away the camera, and make sure my kids don't suffer any major injuries. I wasn't sure Olivia was going to be able to find her way back down, so I scooped up Noah on my hip and we followed her right up to the top. I thought it would find us in the parking lot where we had come from a ways down the beach, but we were way up the road and had to walk back to get back down. Never again!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pics Jessica. WTG letting your kids explore on their own. Olivia is so brave.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger nowwhatelmo said…

    Wow. I would have been freaking out.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    That is such a neat place that you went. Avery would never have been that adventurous though. WTG Olivia and Noah!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger DJ said…

    The pictures were giving me heart failure. (No wonder my kid is scared of everything physical) But what a great spot to bring your children. If I ever make it out to Northern Cal, will you take us there?

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger 4texans said…

    I love your commentary!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    Sure DJ, but I think Capatola might be a little more up your alley! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home