Wednesday, June 21, 2006

90 degrees and rising

It just hit 90 degrees in our house in the main room at 2pm with the windows open and the fan going. Sure, there is no humidity in California, but the 90s are hot with or without humidity. Please remind me of this when I am bragging about the perfect weather in California.

I'm sure it's even hotter back here in the bedrooms with the afternoon sun shining in and the computer running, where I am right now. I'm heading out to sit in the inflatable fish pool under the avocado tree.

Update: At 5pm it is now 95 degress in the house. I guess it didn't help I boiled water to cook pasta, pan-fried chicken, and then baked it all. Not the best choice of dinner for today, huh?

Travis also choose the wrong day to do an hour and a half bike ride at lunch. He said it was 101 degrees at the top of it. I believe he said he did a mile just of elevation change. I forget how many miles he rode total, maybe 26? Crazy man.

However, I'm pleased to report that sitting in the baby pool in the shade under the avocado tree with a slight breeze you hardly even notice it's a hot day. I wouldn't say it's relaxing with a scared 1-year-old glued to your lap, but it's much better than the house.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Good Lord girl go to walmart, target, home depot, somewhere and buy an air conditioner. Ugh, I can't imagine what sleeping is going to be like for you tonight. No wonder why you keep the kids up so late, you're waiting for it to cool down.
    Come on over here, it's cool and comfy. ;)

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    lol That's a great excuse I can use for letting the kids stay up all hours!

    Luckily it does cool down considerably at night. With the window open I actually get cold by morning. That's the biggest difference between the east and west coasts.

    We do have a room air conditioner someone gave us, but it seems like too much of a hassle to me. It's usually only a week or two it's this hot. I'd rathar just be able to keep all the windows and doors open.

    But the advice about going to the store is good stuff. That part I'm all over!

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Dang that is hot, woman! I can't believe that Travis rode his bike that far in that weather! I think your idea sounds much better, even if you do have Noah glued to your hip!

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger 4texans said…

    I agree, go buy a swamp cooler or something to help during the day. I wouldn't survive without a/c!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home