Saturday, June 03, 2006

The How-Grubby-Can-We-Get Trip

aka Our Camping Trip to Big Sur

Trip Stats:
3 days
2 nights
0 showers
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 mosquitos

We had an exhausting and beautiful trip to Big Sur. I cannot believe we live just 3 hours away from such spectacular scenery. Noah was a bit out of sorts and more clingy than normal, if that is possible; but Olivia was a camping pro, even asking to go to bed so she could get right to sleep in her sleeping bag and in the tent. Overall everyone had a great time.

I took too many pictures to add in one entry, so I'll have to do multiple entries. I know there are a lot, but they are so worth going through and clicking on them, believe me!

Here is the river that ran by our campsite


Here is daddy showing the kids how to skip rocks.



Here is another view the other way down the river


Even Noah had a ball throwing rocks in the river


And here is a picture from a short hike we did at the campground to Pfeffer Falls, only 0.7 miles one way, BUT I did carry Noah on my hip almost the entire way. Olivia was a great hiker even though it had been a very long day for her, climbing and counting two sets of over 50 stairs in the process.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Highlandgal said…

    Beautiful pictures! Familiar but different.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Sraikh said…

    When was this trip?
    Looks like a fun place. I want to see pictures of your setup. Where you ate, and slept and such :)

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome pics!!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    That is beautiful scenery. I want to go camping but am afraid Z won't sleep. How/where did Noah sleep?

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    Leslie, Noah slept in a sleeping bag with me, so he did ok. It was actually warm enough we just opened the sleeping bag and slept next to each other on it and on the same pillow. Very sweet. He might have slept a little worse than at home, but not much. Well, you can't get much worse than how he sleeps at home anyway. Ha!

    Sunita, it was last thursday-saturday. I will try to post pictures of our campground, I think we took a few.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home