Sunday, February 07, 2010

Olivia the Oompa Loompa (and cook)

Olivia's school play this year is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. One of my all-time favorites. More than anything she wanted to be an Oompa Loompa, they have the *best* songs. So, no speaking parts or solos, that is fine.

Also, they gave her the part of a cook which wasn't in the movie, so wasn't requested, but turns out to be a lot of fun too. It is when they interview Augustus in Germany about getting a golden ticket and the cooks are serving him food during the song "I eat more."

Being on the costume committee for my volunteer hours, I got to be in charge of the cook costumes. We bought 16 yellow aprons and chef hats from Amazon. I decorated them with ribbon to look like lederhosen. What do you think?





And here is the Oompa Loompa costume. I had to make the pink wrap skirt. I was pretty proud of myself for a novice sewer. I made up a pattern so it's lined (and reversable for later after the show is over) with elastic in the back. It doesn't *really* wrap, I didn't want Olivia having to mess with that back-stage, just looks like it. She can simply pull it on and off because of the elastic in the back. Go me.





The wig in itself is it's own story, maybe for another day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home