Monday, February 27, 2006

Back to School

After having last week off of pre-school, I don't know who was happier today, Olivia or I, to head back to school.

It was pouring rain all day, Olivia's nose was runny and she had a slight cough, but nothing would stop us. I made her blow her nose as well as possible so she didn't appear contagious, drilled her on covering her mouth when she coughed, and made her pee in the potty and we were off.

Noah was kind enough to nap for 45 minutes while Olivia was in school, and I celebrated by mopping the kitchen floor. Man, did it need it.

There was 15 minutes left before we had to leave to get Olivia from school, Noah was still asleep, the floor was clean, and I was starving. I heated myself up a frozen burrito, got a Diet Dr. Pepper, and something to look at, and was all prepared to relax and enjoy my 15 minutes of free time I'm lucky to get in a day. Just then the rain picked up, waking Noah. Drat!

I tried to eat a bite here and there while holding Noah on my hip and getting us ready to go and ended up spilling cold burrito fluid down my sweater sleeve. Double Drat. My best laid plans were ruined, but at least I did get the floors, laundry, and dishes done.

All-in-all, we were still happy to see school back in session as Olivia was showing off her Humpty Dumpty craft to Noah and I. :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bummer you didn't get to enjoy your lunch - but sounds like a good day overall.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger allison said…

    You've just reminded me that I have Lean Ole Costco burritos in my freezer, and I'm going to have one for lunch.

    I know what you mean about getting nothing done due to a non-napper. My MIL is actually coming to take Avery for a couple of hours this evening so I can clean. I am even going to shampoo the carpet in her bedroom! Yee-haw!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    It's amazing what can make us feel satisfied? And Yay for frozen burritos. The Smart & Final ones are amazingly cheap and yummy. I'm not even going to look at the label though. 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home