Friday, February 24, 2006

Be wary, plastic kitchen owners

For those of you that own plastic kitchens, please be careful and do not go down the road I did...

We have this big fancy one that makes all kinds of noises and talks to you. "Make sure you clean up and put everything away." "What do you want to eat today." Popcorn popping noises, coffee brewing noises, everything. It was a wondeful gift to Olivia when she turned 2 from Grandma L., and we keep it in Olivia's room.

That is why I've felt bad the past several months when I decided that the best way to get it clean in all the crooks and nannies was to take it outside and hose it off. Bad idea. Hello? Jessica? Water and electronics? Needless to say, it hasn't made any noises or done any talking since then.

Up until yesterday anyway, when Olivia was playing in her room and we hear someone saying, "Wha-wha-what do you want to eat today?" She comes out crying and scared of the thing. I don't think she remembered that it was supposed to talk. I kinda gave up hope that it would dry out and start working again MONTHS ago.

Travis took the batteries out last night when she was sleeping, because it kept randomly talking. Hopefully someday it be back to it's original functionality, but I've learned my lesson about water and electronic toys.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger 4texans said…

    Oh, no, I hope it works someday soon!

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Highlandgal said…

    Yeah, I learned that lesson washing a lovey blanket. I didn't even know it had electronics in it till afterward. And of course it was toast.

    I love your new look! It's totally you.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Yikes! I'm not fond of scary talking toys!

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    Thanks guys. I leanred my lesson. I didn't even know they made loveys with elecontronic?!?!?

    Thanks Alex, Angie and Allie basically revamped my blog. :->

     

Post a Comment

<< Home