Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A time before Olivia...

I don't think Olivia realizes yet that the world existed before her presense. Last night at dinner we were talking about eating things, and don't ask me why, she asked "Have you ever eaten a snail?" Without thinking much I said, "No, I don't think I've ever eaten a snail." Then Travis reminded me, "we ate snails on our honeymoon." (Escargo in Tahiti, wow, how life has changed...)

Of course, Olivia asked, "what is a honeymoon?" To which we explained that it was a vacation mommy and daddy took right after we got married.

Then Olivia asked where she was, "was I with a babysitter?" This was amazing to me, not only that she knows what a babysitter is since she's only had one once over a year ago; but that she doesn't realize yet that there was a time that mommy and daddy were together and used to do stuff, together, alone, before she entered into this world.

In fact, I don't remember it too well myself. ;->

5 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger 4texans said…

    lol...they say the funniest things.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger allison said…

    LOL -- how funny. I'm sure it's tough to imagine life without either of them. Someday you can tell her this story when she's getting ready to get married herself!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't remember it all that well either. What I remember less: sleep.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Sraikh said…

    Avasha asks the same thing when she sees pictures of Ashwina without her.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Lindsey wants to know why she isn't in our wedding pics. She insists she must have been in my belly then. I think not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home