Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Little Brag

Check out my new banner. I'm pretty impressed with myself, I added a picture of our avocado tree in the word "Guacamole." Mostly I wanted everyone to admire how I made the little branch with the baby avocado at the end look so lovely in the letter "m."

This picture was taken in July. Yep, this is what I have to do to get my digital image fix while we have no working digital camera in the house, manipulate 7 month old pictures in Photoshop. I told Travis that this little technique will come in handy when I'm making labels to put on my homemade preserves when I try to sell them next season. I don't think he was quite as excited as I was. Then I pointed out that all this productive fun I was having on the computer was 100% free, and he was a little more convinced.

I should add a tiny disclaimer that the "Fresh California" logo in the corner was a rip-off and not my creation.

My next goal is to get a little more color-coordinated like the other BIO girls who all have blogs laid out identically proportioned to mine. Thanks Allie & Angie. I couldn't have done it without ya!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Highlandgal said…

    I am really impressed! It looks terrific. You all are giving me Photoshop envy.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger allison said…

    It looks aweseome! I know how to do that too -- I did it for my school's website. Though, the way you get there completely escapes me right now. So maybe I don't know how to do it!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger catankgirl said…

    Thanks guys!

    It actually wasn't at challenging as I thought it would be. I think I've already messed around with PS too much already and know enough little things. Like the thing where you create a new layer and then ctl-click on another layer to get the outline, that seems to be used a lot.

    Now I'm looking at it I think the fonts are just a little too big. I'm not good at getting proportions be to pleasing to the eye. Especially when you are doing it in PS, it looks one way, then you put it on the www page and it adds a whole new dimension.

    Still, it was totally fun messing around with!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Sraikh said…

    It looks really good.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger 4texans said…

    I'm jealouse, it looks awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home