Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Some thoughts on love...

I was just reading a great devotional about love and was reflecting on how much my feelings and views of the subject has changed in my life. Here is an excerpt from it:

"Although love can create intense feelings, love is not a feeling. It is a choice, an action, a way of behaving, a commitment. Love is sacrificing for others."


The theme of the devotional was that life is about learning to love. Now, you know that my feelings on the topic are influenced greatly by my faith, but I think that is a great purpose in life no matter if you share that faith or not. I can't think of a more rewarding mission in life than to understand and experience love!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice post - I would have to agree.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Highlandgal said…

    I really like that. Feelings are really tricky and ephemeral things. I'd hate to rely on feelings for much of anything.

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger allison said…

    I couldn't agree more :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home