Monday, December 18, 2006

Adventures in Kool-Aid dying

Yes, another crazy craftser ida. After reading this mammoth thread about dying animal fibers with kool-aid, I decided to give it a go. Fortunately I already had a skein of natural color wool yarn. I bought 4 packets of kool-aid from the dollar store for 25 cents each. Add some white vinegar and that's all you need. The wine is optional.



This is what I ended up with. Not exactly perfect color changes, but I like the rough, unique look. I think I'm going to try to make this pattern with it to keep my hair back and ears warm the next few months.



When I was done with that little ball, I had a LOT of yarn left and only a little kool-aid, so I decided to water it way down so I could dye all that was left a light pink. It came out a little more peachy than I'd like, but I still like the color variations. This just calls out for me to make something for Olivia.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home