Sunday, November 11, 2007

Goody Bag Galore

This weekend was spent getting Olivia's favor bags ready. All 40 of them. Yep, 40, just to be safe. We've invited every kid in her class plus another handful from church and the neighborhood. Fortunately it's not at our house, ha! But on to the favor bags...

Olivia decided she wanted a Super Why birthday party. Which works out perfect being she is in kindergarten and it's a show on PBS all about learning to read. I thought I did a pretty good job going with that theme. How fun the kids will find the bags, I'm not sure, but they are relevant and cheap, it works for me! Here are the completed bags, the front on the left, the back view on the right.



I made a Super Why activity book to go in the bag using stuff I printed off the internet. Free, except the boodles of expensive computer ink involved.



Super Why notebooks, "You have the power... the power to read!" Ok, notebooks are to write in, but it's the show's theme, work with me here.



And all the other miscellaneous stuff. Pencil, sharpener, grip, monkey head eraser, stickers, and of course you must include a semi-unhealthy snack in a favor bag, right?



The best part is the price, each one I put together for less than $1.25. I put all my best bargain hunting skills to the test. And to prove it, I will break it down for you...

Activity Book: Made at home for free!
Notebook: $0.14 (Big Lots, 6 for $0.88)
Pencils: $0.22 (Staples, 24 for $5.29)
Pencil Grips: $0.15 (Staples, 20 for $3)
Monkey Eraser: $0.10 (Staples, 10 for $1)
Alphabet Stickers: $0.07 (Staples, 30 for $2)
Star Stickers: $0.03 (Dollar Store, huge booklet for $1)
Pencil Sharpener: $0.09 (Dollar Store, 12 for $1)
Semi-unhealthy snack: $0.21 (Smart & Final, 48 for $10)
Clear bag to put it all in: $.10 (Michaels 20 for $2.13 with coupon)

Which all adds up to $1.11, plus some tax, all under $1.25 easily. A little extra for those things I needed to buy 48 of, etc. Still a great job considering I would have paid $3 a bag if I had bought them from Pump It Up! which is where she is having her party a week from tomorrow!

I think it will be well worth it to see that many kids bouncing their hearts out then stuffing their faces with pizza and cake, which I plan to make myself as well. All worth it for my little kindergartner baby girl turning 6! Wow!

Stay tuned for pictures of the big event... ;)

3 Comments:

  • At 4:34 AM, Blogger nowwhatelmo said…

    Those are awesome! I am sure that they will all love them.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, you've outdone yourself!! Now show us that hair again! :)

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Awesome! I want you to be my mom!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home