Friday, March 28, 2008

Already?

First thing every wednesday at school, Olivia's class joins the rest of the school for "Open Sing." Noah and I often join them too. One of the songs they sing that always gets me is It's a Wonderful World. I'm always weepy at the line that goes, "I see babies cry, I watch them grow. They'll learn much more than I'll ever know. And I say to myself, what a wonderful world..." In fact, it was this song that made me loose it her second day of kindergarten, and it still does every week.

Little did I know that this line would become true so soon. Not only does Olivia know so much on the violin now, there is no way I could keep it all straight; but, tonight daddy decides to teach her chess, a game I never had the patience to attempt.

As I'm writing this blog I'm listening to her talking non-stop about which piece does which move and which one she should do to "a-tackle" (her version of attack) daddy's pieces.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's just not fair my little baby girl is growing up into her own little person. Wah!



1 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger phins_jazy said…

    She is one smart cookie isn't she??!!! Way to go Olivia. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home