Monday, September 08, 2008

Still knitting

I actually took a break from knitting a bit this summer, didn't even take a knitting project with me on our two week trip to Georgia, amazing. But the break didn't last long, I'm back at it and have several projects in the works, even during the hottest part of the summer. Dedication, I tell ya.

Most recently I finished a purse. No, I do not need another purse, but I've been dying to knit this one. I'm so glad I did, very fun and overall I'm happy with how it turned out. The design is called Brea and the pattern is free for anyone who is interested. The knitting was actually quite quick and fun although it looks complicated. The worst part is always sewing it all together and sewing the lining in.



I am pretty impressed with myself for using recycled yarn from a thrift store sweater (the yarn was leftover from a sweater I knit for Olivia, got my use out of that one!) and an old belt from a rummage sale for the strap. The button and lining came from my sewing stash, so they were probably bought new at some point long ago, but still, not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home