Sunday, February 24, 2008

Starsky Jr.

I'm not sending Olivia out to get the bad guys, I just knit her a sweater with a pattern by that name. I guess it's a reference to the long sweater/coats that they wore on that show. Here she is showing it off!



We went shopping today together to pick out buttons. I think we compared every button in the store, and it was really fun. She chose pretty butterfly ones that are probably not what I would have chose, but go really cute with it and fit her well.



(Note, ignore this paragraph if you don't knit.) The pattern panels, one on each front piece and three on the back, is called banana tree. I've never done anything quite like it and it grew on me. It calls for lots of tiny cables on both the front and back side in all combinations of knit and purl stitches. I really had to pay attention to the pattern, but I enjoyed watching it develop as I went along. Here is a close-up of the pattern and the three pattern panels on the back.





And finally, Olivia is done with all the picture taking!



I'm pretty happy that I actually finished the project and it's cute enough to wear, at least for Olivia, anything looks cute on her!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home